Monday, August 17, 2009

St. Paul jersey show off ride!




Our largest outing since the new jerseys came in! Check out the pic, great looking group(at least from the left side to about the middle). The new jerseys have been a real hit! I am glad people like me and Brad's design. Thanks Schlafly for supporting us and letting us design the kick ass jerseys!


This pic was taken after one short 12 mile lap around St. Paul. We picked up another rider and got rid of a few and proceeded on to another 25 mile long loop around St. Paul. This was the first time we have ridden in thi big of a group in a while due to the ski season kicking it into high gear. Now that it is over I look forward to have more of these type of rides in the future.


Nathan and I decided that we should have some sprint sections in the ride to spice it up a little bit. Brad led us into the Guthrie hill thinking to himself that he would be able to beat us up it. Little did he know Nathan was on his wheel and I was on Nathans wheel just waiting for Brad to slip up. Once we hit the hill Nathan and I shot off and passed Brad at a very fast speed. Brad was pissed and said something to us that I cant write on here! He wanted to be the king of the hill but you cant lead two of the fastest guys into a hill and not expect us to fight it out. I think he learned his lesson not to pull us for that long, letting us save our energy.


For a while I hung out in the back, very back and just observed the group. It looks great to see everyone in the blue and yellow Schlafly Cycling jerseys! But you know me, I couldnt take being in the back long, I had to move to the front and work a little bit. I like pulling the group, I get to ride at my speed. If they cant hang with me, then they should work harder, just kidding, I will wait for them.


Enjoy the team pic!
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment