Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Motivation!

This morning was a tough morning for me. As I was getting my 3 year old daughter Lauren ready for the day. She stopped me right in my tracks, with a question that hit me square in the Jaw. A question that I have often asked myself. But for some reason when she asked me it cut really deep. She said "daddy, why are you so fat?". I have been called everything under the sun, by just about everyone. But her innocent question was a tough pill to swallow.

So later that afternoon, before I left to go out of town. I decided that I was going to ride a little 9 mile ride that I do in Lake St. Louis. My goal is to finish this ride in 30 minutes. Until today the best time I had ever done is 31min 33sec.

However today I had a little extra motivation. Whenever I felt myself slowing down, I would hear Lauren ask me her question. I would then kick it up a notch. I pushed myself harder then I had ever pushed before. I was determined to get it done in 30min!

When I finally finished my ride I looked at my bike computer. I knew that I was close to my goal, but was not sure were I would end up. I was bummed to see that I had missed my mark by 13 seconds! But I was not too upset, because I took 1min 20sec off of my personal best.

I know Lauren didn't mean to hurt my feelings. She was just simple asking an innocent, and truthful question. It sure gave me that extra little kick in the ass that I needed! Tony Robbins better watch out!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. wow Aaron, that is one way to get some motivation! Keep it up, we need to get out again! We can hit it hard now that skiing is over. The weight will fall off! But what out for that Schlafly beer, that shit tastes to good!

    ReplyDelete