Sunday, August 23, 2009

New personal best!

All week I had been trying to get myself pumped up for a longer ride. It has been a while since I had rode over 25 miles. I had been planning on doing the ride myself, because I thought that everyone else was going to Cape for a mountain bike race. So I was really surprised, and excited when I got a text message from fellow Schlafly Cycling Team member Jeff Buehrle. He was asking when & were I was planning on riding.

After exchanging a few text messages. We decided to meet at the Schnucks in Lake St. Louis. Jeff had been talking about a ride down towards New Melle that he had done. So at 7:00am we headed out. The route was going to be 28 miles round trip. It was a very scenic route. We even saw two coyotes, which freaked me out at first.

This was the earliest in the morning that I had ever ridden. So I was not too sure how my body would react. Plus it was pretty cool for the end of August. Well about 20 miles in I felt great! I started to think that I at least needed to do 30 miles. That would equal my personal best. When we got close to the end I decided that I needed to go pass my personal best. So we ended up going 31 miles. One mile past my old personal best. Its not much past but it made me feel better. Plus the difference after this ride was that I did not feel terrible.

Jeff was great to have along! He is by far in much better shape then myself, and could have pushed the pace much faster. He didn't, and choose to ride at my pace. Which I am sure he felt like he was crawling! The conversation and company were both great too. Thanks Jeff!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment