Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some days you have it, some days you dont!

Well Tuesday I decided to go back to the gym and get a leg workout in. Now I understand why bike racers do not lift weights during the season. On Wednesday Doug, Brad and I rode a nice 32 mile route South of Lake St. Louis. Some good hills and good flat sections. Almost no traffic! Yesterday I had it!!! I felt great on everything, flats and climbing. Brad thought he would give me a run for my money and tried racing me up hill. But I wasnt having it and sprinted to the top! Every hill felt great leaving the other two behind.
Well today was different. I was looking forward to ride the hills at Babler again for some time. Nathan, Brad and I made the trip over. We took off and my legs felt sluggish. Maybe it was just no warm up. The first big hill was not to bad, then off to the second lap. It got a little harder. The third lap was even harder yet. The fourth lap I almost walked. Are you freaking kidding me? Walking? My mind was in a different place. Usually I can push through the pain and hammer down, but today sucked ASS! It took everything I had to make it up the hill, watching Nathan fly up it and Brad pass right by me. I guess that is what I get for lifting and then trying to ride two days hard back to back to back!!! Idiot!

Now I need to rest for the Cape Girardeau race this Sunday! Come on 1st place!!!!!! Schlafly needs to bring home a winner!

1 comment:

  1. I sorry to hear about your wussy legs. I will offer classes at a discounted rate for team members!!

    ReplyDelete