Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Guess It's My Turn!

Well this past Sunday (August 23, 2009) I rode the Dog Days of Summer. Since everyone went to Cape to race and others did their own little ride, I rode by myself. This ride was pretty much the ride that we normally do through St. Paul. So it was nice knowing the route. I started the morning off at Wentzville Holt High School. Of course the first thing out of someones mouth was "Nice Bike" and jersey too (I was sporting the Schlafly Jersey) I know everyone just loves my pink bike! They just can't get enough of it! I also had a comment about it at one of the rest stops. I know all of you guys want to ride my pink bike, but I won't allow it! Anyways I started my ride hoping that I would find someone who was close to my pace, but everyone was just taking it easy! I ended up finding a couple people after the first rest stop who were about my pace. I rode with them for awhile. About half way through the ride I happened to glance at my Garmin. My average was 17.1 mph. I couldn't believe it considering I rode 3/4 of that by myself! I couldn't decide if I wanted to do the medium route or the long route. So when I got to the second rest stop I had to decide. I ended up doing the long route since it was only another 5 miles. I was again by myself for the last 10 miles so I was getting tired. Crazy how big of a difference it is to have some drafting friends! Well the last two-three miles I was starting to get wore out. I glanced down at at the Garmin and saw that my average went down to 16.9 mph. I was so bummed. So I picked up my pace and ended the 44.6 miles with an average of 17 mph. I was so proud of myself!

Next ride today! Heading to New Town! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment