Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lost Valley Tuesday

Lindsey Nathan and I decided to take a spin at lost valley today. This was Lindsey's first visit to lost valley and from what she talked about, she had a good time. The pace was moderate, not race pace. We were all a little tired from last week and the Sunday race. About 5 or so miles in, I was cruising downhill and heard the dreaded flat tire sound. I pulled over and discovered my rear tire had a hole in it. We quickly changed the tire and with one CO2 cartridge left, it blew up. I only had about 12-15 psi in the tires. It was damn near flat, so I had to take it very easy the rest of the way. i felt every single rock bash up against the rim. I hope i didnt screw up the rim, they cost to much money to replace!!! I also found out that my front fork is bottoming out for some reason. I noticed it Sunday at the race but I thought it was low psi in the tires. I hope the fork isnt broken, that is expensive also!
More riding this week, preparing for the MS150 ride.
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment