Sunday, August 16, 2009

Quail Ridge

Today I was asked by my 10 year old nephew Jacob if I wanted to go to Quail Ridge and ride some of the MTB trails. I said, " sure that would be fun!" So Jake, my brother-in-law Jim, and I headed over there. It had been a really long time since I had rode my bike there. That's were I first started riding bikes a few years back.


As I was riding today I remembered the first time that I rode there. It was at my heaviest weight ever 272lbs. I had just made the decision that I was going to change how I looked. So I went out and bought a Trek 4300 mountain bike, the same bike I rode today. That day I did one lap around, and I didn't even leave the concrete trails. It was only 2.56 miles, and I think it took me like 30 minutes! After I was done I had felt like I was going to die! But I also felt a great sense of accomlishment!

So I was excited today to see how much I had improved. Today the 3 of us did about 10 miles. We hit some of the trails and some of the concrete ones as well. After this trip I felt great! It is amazing how much improvement I have made. It also motivates me to keep working hard, because I have a ton of work still left to do! My Nephew Jacob did all 10 miles on a BMX bike. He is an animal!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Nice write-up, Aaron! Quail Ridge was one of my first mountain biking experiences as well. I did an endo & didn't mountain bike again for a while, but brushed myself off and finally got back on the bike again when I bought my Trek 4500, which I have handed down to Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, funny thing is that Quail Ridge was my first mountain bike experience as well! I think that I have left a few blood spots on that trail in the past. Now look at me I cant get enough. Glad to see you like it and are having fun riding!

    ReplyDelete