Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trifecta

Rode the Trifecta on Friday. Well, that was the plan. Started MTB at the mound and headed down the Hamburg. Rode Lost Valley and double flatted on the rocky downhill before the double track. Messed things up completely. Turned a 3 course meal into a salad and a appetizer. So I thought. I rode back to the car for more supplies while Keith and Christian Stitz finished the second lap at Lost Valley. We met up on the Katy Trail and headed for Klondike Park. This was the first time I ever rode Hogsback, wow, what a trail. All uphill. It put me in the red for the rest of Klondike. After finishing the trails and fueling up our bottles we hit the Katy back to Lost Valley. We skipped Matson Hill and turned our Trifecta into a Double and then team time trialed home to the Hamburg and the Lost Valley upper lot to enjoy a Helles Summer Lager and the coolest 3rd of July I can remember.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I've never seen someone ride Hogsback uphill, although I'm sure it has been done. Dang! That had to be one heck of a climb...

    ReplyDelete