Friday, July 24, 2009

Thursday Night Dirt Crit

I finally made it out to Castlewood last night to see what the Thursday Night Dirt Crits were all about. You can choose to race A, B or C level or race multiples if so inclined. The loop is non-technical, but fast & furious. Lots of cowbell ringing, cheering and beer hand-ups for racers made it not only fun to race, but great to watch as well! A-racers were muddy head to toe as they raced right after the downpour. It was so slick, that a few of my friends doing B race advised me not to take the chance. However, as I watched the B-racers, they didn't have nearly as much mud on them as A, so I decided to go for it. Great job to Brian Busken who finished well in a loaded B race! The dirt crit was good training for me - you push hard from the start & never let up. Sprinting is not my forte, so I definitely could use more of this type of racing to make me faster. The C race was stacked with some strong female riders, so I was happy to finish 4th out of the women. Next week is the last week for the dirt crits. I hope some of us can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment