Friday, August 6, 2010

Training

It has been a great few weeks for me on the bike. I finally placed 3rd at the MO State Crit Championship with 1st place just out of my reach by a few feet. It was a tough sprint at the end but I managed to pull off a 3rd place finish. I went on a breakaway for about 4 laps and blew up. If I would have had the energy to sprint I would have won, no doubt.

I put in a request to move up to cat 4. I was approved and now I will be racing with a faster much more talented field. Nothing against cat 5, its a great learning experience and pretty fast also. My last race was at 23.5mph with some hills. So I cannot wait to get my ass ready for cat 4.

I have been doing a lot of Thursday Momentum team rides. Yesterday was my fastest time yet. 23.1 mph for 30 miles with a ton of rolling hills. My previous best was 22.4 so a big improvement. I also rode the monday mueller ride and kept up with the fast guys and even contended for the final sprint, coming in around 7-10th place. It was a big accomplishment for me, considering the last few times earlier in the season I was usually dropped about mile 10-12. I am happy

I am putting in some good quality miles, I hope you all are doing the same.

Shooting for 50 tomorrow through the hills of St. Paul. And Sunday morning I am going to help my good old buddy Aaron complete his first ever metric century. If I can talk him into it, we may do 75, but he doesnt know that yet!

1 comment: