Sunday, August 8, 2010

Carbing up after a new personal best!

This morning Jay and I set out for what we planned to be a 65 mile ride. That alone was going to be a new personal best for me.

We left my parents house in Lake St. Louis at 6:00am and rode up through St. Paul and then continued on to the Mueller Park area in St. Charles. We stopped at the Motomart and got some more drinks. Than we went back pretty much the way we came.

When we got back to Lakes St. Louis we decided to go and get the 70 mile mark. We only had 4 more miles, so we pushed on.

Jay and I talked about our first ride together about a year and a half ago. Because I was not in the greatest shape, we went 5 miles and turned around and went back for a whooping total of 10 miles.

Its amazing to me how far I have come in such a short period of time. Thanks Jay for your motivation and help over the past year! And thanks for pulling me today! Out of the 70 miles I think I pulled for about 1 mile, and I'm not joking either!



Aaron

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, I remember the tough time you had on your first few rides as well, but how much you improved just over last summer. I am so happy for your successes this year! Wow!

    ReplyDelete